Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my Automobile magazine... there is a draw there, they say that is the new Mustang 2004.... I LOVE IT !!! ...

i will post tomorrow a pic, have to scan it.

V6 : dual cam, 215HP
GT: 5.0 engine
Cobra: more than 400HP :drool:

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
I would like to see a pic of that as well!:)

·
Registered
64 Posts
You had to say '67 didn't you? Oh man post the pic now! Please... :joy:

I guess I might have to go buy this Automobile mag.

·
Registered
25 Posts
It is to be a 2005 -2006. I've been to Ford to see some developement of this bad dog. All the talk on the '03......just wait. This is gonna be one retro street machine (styling is awesome) and it will be the baddest Mustang yet.....mark my words. If your thinking of picking up a new Stang, you might want to wait a couple years and save your coins.

·
Registered
951 Posts
I came home hoping to find the newest issue of Automobile Magazine in my mailbox after reading this thread and voila.. the new Playboy AND Automobile magazine (to save a little face, the guy that rents from me is the one with the nudie mag subscription). Well after checking out Kiana and the girls of MTV's "Real World" lounging around in their birthday suits (hey, I'm a Mustang fanatic but........), I checked out the new stang.

Looks like a '69 mach I smoothed over like that kit car manufacturer does to fox mustangs. You know the one that has the yellow and red mustangs that look like '66 mustangs modernized. It looks cool but it looks like a kit car drawing. I think Ford's actual production version won't look so much like that. I think Motor Trends renderings (the gold one that also had the blue retro Camaro drawings) is more on target. I'd scan and post a pic but I'm not sure how (to post, not scan).

Just my $.02

B

·
Registered
153 Posts
I will have to see it in person to decide if I like it. Looks really nice though, just different.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Wow...my first impression is that its a little too retro. Interesting though.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Now that is Bad A$$...and would be worthy of spending $35K+ on!!! Very sweet!!

Even if it's anywhere close to the rendering, that will be an awesome all-new Stang. That is, if Ford puts it on a new (modern) chassis.

It gets my vote :)

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
I knew somebody was going to post it before me... :)

But anyway, that what they say about it :

"Victimized by several development delays, the next-generation Mustang returns to its roots with a retro-style design that will reflect the classic Ford pony cars of the late 1960s and early 70s.
The 2004 Mustang is to be built on lighter, less expensive derivaive of the Thunderbird's DEW98 chassis, known internally as "DEW Lite". Company sources say the base 'Stangs: 3.8-liter V-6 is to be replaced by a new 215hp, twin-cam 3.0 liter six, and the GT model will get a new 5.0-liter variant of the current 4.6 liter V-8. The SVT Cobra coupe and convertible will boast the usual suspension and driveline tweaks, with output reportedly in excess of 400hp"

·
US Navy Active Duty
652 Posts
The reason I am waiting on buying my next mustang is because of that picture. I LIKE IT. :D

1 - 20 of 71 Posts