Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
04 GT, I'm not ruling out a hack job on wiring, but there were some wiring modifications prior to me getting the car, the fog lights have been removed, etc. when I pull out the headlight switch, the low beams come on as well as both turn signals, they don't flash, just stay on. If I try to use the signal, nothing, brights do work but same thing. Tail lights have brake lights and the running lights, but no turn signal either. On the instrument cluster it shows exactly what it's doing, lights and both turn signal. Any ideas on where to start?

·
Registered
815 Posts
possibly the flasher, I think when the headlights come on the marker lights one the corners will light up.. id check the flasher.. do the hazards work ? I think hazards are on a different flasher but I'm not positive..

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Flashed I used was a Novita ep27, it has the same symptoms as the motorcraft, so I returned it. Also, dash chimes fast once the lights are pulled out, I checked all the fuses I thought would be on that circuit.

·
Registered
815 Posts
I believe the hazard has its own flasher and is different than the turn signals.. i'll try to find a fuse box pic to double check .. my expedition had one go bad and no turn signals would work.. before they had stopped the flasher would buzz when it did work.. I would only use a ford flasher.. I would test this and pull the flasher and see what stops working.. if neither work then you know..
its possible you could have a multifunction switch gone bad or something.. you just have to keep trying to narrow it down..

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pulling the flasher module kills hazards and flasher, checked all associated fuses, I guess I'll be pulling the column apart to check the wiring coming from the multifunction switch, obviously if I test it inline before the module and get a pulsing signal, I can narrow it down. I just need to find a diagram with wire colors. I'm not 100% on how these systems work, I'm used to the older style that pulses a 12v circuit, not sure if this is the same.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts