Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys i'm looking for a pin out for the switches on a 2003 mustang.. Specifically i need the headlight switch, and multi function. i'm looking for a diagram that has a picture of the connector and lists the pinouts and wire colors. I'll post an example of what i'm looking for. I'm hoping someone has a wiring book laying around. I'm sure the wiring is the same from atleast 96 up so if you could attach a few pictures i'd be very grateful. Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
615 Posts

Hope this helps ya out. Let me know if any others you need

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Hope this helps ya out. Let me know if any others you need
You are the man! Thank you so much! Would you happen to have the wiper/washer switch as well?And If you don't mind me asking where did you find those?

·
Registered
615 Posts
You are the man! Thank you so much! Would you happen to have the wiper/washer switch as well?And If you don't mind me asking where did you find those?
No problem. The second connector "C202a" is the only one I see for the wiper part of the switch & then the signal from the switch goes to the GEM module. I have access to most of the Ford wiring manuals back to the mid 90's thru a couple programs we use at the shop so I try to help out when I can because I know alot of times its hard to find a specific diagram you're looking for.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No problem. The second connector "C202a" is the only one I see for the wiper part of the switch & then the signal from the switch goes to the GEM module. I have access to most of the Ford wiring manuals back to the mid 90's thru a couple programs we use at the shop so I try to help out when I can because I know alot of times its hard to find a specific diagram you're looking for.
Ah so the GEM is what sends the signal to the washer/wiper. I never would have thought about that thanks man! and that's awesome to have access to all those diagrams. I think i might go ahead and order a wiring book for the 03 mustang. I'm dropping a cobra drive train in my 91' so i'm trying to figure out how to rewire all the fox switches to work with the cobra harness.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you wouldn't happen to have the pinout for the instrument cluster would you?

·
Registered
615 Posts
Ah so the GEM is what sends the signal to the washer/wiper. I never would have thought about that thanks man! and that's awesome to have access to all those diagrams. I think i might go ahead and order a wiring book for the 03 mustang. I'm dropping a cobra drive train in my 91' so i'm trying to figure out how to rewire all the fox switches to work with the cobra harness.
I gotcha, that should turn out pretty sweet man. I would offer to copy the whole manual for you but it only gives me the option to do page by page so it would take a ton of time.

As for the cluster pinouts, it looks like there's only 2 connectors so I'll attach them

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi...i am a new user here.As per my knowledge the second connector "C202a" is the only one I see for the wiper part of the switch & then the signal from the switch goes to the GEM module. I have access to most of the Ford wiring manuals back to the mid 90's thru a couple programs

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm a little late to the party, but this thread, and this diagram, applies directly to my problem.

I have no low beams. Checked the 2 fuses for the left and right low beam - they were both good - and bought a switch. Initially, the switch worked, and I had low beams ... for a hot second. Then I noticed that the B1 lead was not connected into the plastic harness. Now, it will no longer fit into the harness securely and stay locked in place - it just slides out.

I have plugged it back into the harness after attaching the new switch, and it kinda feels secure, but still no low beams. High beams work - both the forward "high beam on" and pulling it back to flash high beams. Turn signals work, and dome light.

Thoughts? Should I bite the bullet and buy a new harness?

There is so little slack in that harness cable, and I really don't look forward to snipping wires and trying to splice.

·
Registered
23,216 Posts
thoughts?

find the open

power goes into a switch, you close the switch, power leaves the switch

have you verified with a test light power leaving?

·
Registered
615 Posts
I'm a little late to the party, but this thread, and this diagram, applies directly to my problem.

I have no low beams. Checked the 2 fuses for the left and right low beam - they were both good - and bought a switch. Initially, the switch worked, and I had low beams ... for a hot second. Then I noticed that the B1 lead was not connected into the plastic harness. Now, it will no longer fit into the harness securely and stay locked in place - it just slides out.

I have plugged it back into the harness after attaching the new switch, and it kinda feels secure, but still no low beams. High beams work - both the forward "high beam on" and pulling it back to flash high beams. Turn signals work, and dome light.

Thoughts? Should I bite the bullet and buy a new harness?

There is so little slack in that harness cable, and I really don't look forward to snipping wires and trying to splice.
Sorry I'm just seeing your reply now. If I'm understanding you right it sounds like you may just need a pigtail if the terminal is loose in the plastic connector. I understand the harness being too tight to cut and splice so you may be able to swap over your existing terminals to the new connector if none of them are burnt or damaged

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys i'm looking for a pin out for the switches on a 2003 mustang.. Specifically i need the headlight switch, and multi function. i'm looking for a diagram that has a picture of the connector and lists the pinouts and wire colors. I'll post an example of what i'm looking for. I'm hoping someone has a wiring book laying around. I'm sure the wiring is the same from atleast 96 up so if you could attach a few pictures i'd be very grateful. Thanks!
If you are still looking for a factory wiring manual, I will see if I have one. $10 plus postage if I do.

Gerry

1 - 12 of 12 Posts