Ford Mustang Forums banner

2003 Cobra crate motors...

854 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  LX Pony 
#1 ·
Will FRPP offer this for older Cobra's, or will the blower snout even clear a stock '96-'01 hood? Just curious. It would probably be more cost-effective just to buy the whole car.

But... It would be nice if FRPP offered a kit with the blower, alt bracket(A/C bracket if needed), blower drive, and FRPP 4V heads, and electronics, basically what ever else is needed.

Am I dreaming? My '98 Cobra is finally paid for, and I don't want to trade it off. Sure is tempting, though.

Any thoughts?

Randy

#2 ·
In usual Ford thinking, I am sure you will be able to get 03' crate motors, or all the pieces to mix and match. I would think they will be available within 9 months to a year after the car comes out.

As for hood clearance, you will need a cowl hood my friend. If you look at the 03' the hood is about as tall as the 00' Cobra R.

Mu $.02

Pete

#3 ·
ptsgt said:
In usual Ford thinking, I am sure you will be able to get 03' crate motors, or all the pieces to mix and match. I would think they will be available within 9 months to a year after the car comes out.

As for hood clearance, you will need a cowl hood my friend. If you look at the 03' the hood is about as tall as the 00' Cobra R.

Mu $.02

Pete
I hope you are right. The blower itself does not appear to stick up much higher than a factory '96-'98 intake, and the blower snout looks to be about the height of the stock alternator. The hood was perhaps born out of the need for restyling, not necessity, I'm hoping. I won't change hoods, so maybe I'll just go with the N/A FRPP heads/intake kit if it ever materializes...

Randy

#6 ·
I wouldn't hold my breath on that crate engine. I doubt Colletti is going to release this to service any time soon.:(

#7 ·
Hey 01STEED what do you know about svt? Its like you work for them or something. LOL

#9 · (Edited)
If any place would offer them, it would be Karkraft. They always have Lightning motors, etc in stock.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.