Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a low mile or rebuilt 2003/2004 cobra power steering rack.

Must have the SPR-ZM code, went though two Cardone 22-2000 with no luck.

PM Me.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Go to advance. Here local is 145 for one plus core. Summit sells them cheaper but ur responsible for core shipping back too them. Advance is where I would go

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I went to advance twice, the first one I ordered when I opened the box it was a Toyota rack, the second was a Ford rack but coded spr-nj and was so beat up from shipping and painted over dirt that my core looked better. Just very unhappy with the quality.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I went to advance twice, the first one I ordered when I opened the box it was a Toyota rack, the second was a Ford rack but coded spr-nj and was so beat up from shipping and painted over dirt that my core looked better. Just very unhappy with the quality.
Gotcha.....summit is 128 but u gotta pay for core shipping back from what I understood

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,362 Posts
The odds of actually getting a SPR-ZM rack from any of the auto parts stores in pretty much zero! There's a seller on Ebay that parts out 03/04 Cobras pretty regularly. His user name is "thepartsfarm". Shoot him a message and see what he has. I think hes on Facebook too if you have Facebook.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
......also, at least locally, the auto parts stores are figuring out what people are doing (buying the cobra-specific rack and returning a stock fox rack, or stock SN rack)...and they're requiring a vin, they submit it, and wait for approval. Kinda the same thing they've been doing with A9L's. And LA3's. And PE's. I had one of the parts store special racks die a while back (cobra specific), took it in for warranty replacement, went through this hassle with the VIN and then had to wait almost 3 months as they're supposedly building them on an as-needed basis? Dunno....but it was a pain in the tail.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts