Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The title says it all.
Installed H&R supersport springs and Pro3I CC plates.

The plates are installed correctly (per instructions) and the alignment shop cannot get less than -1.2 deg camber out of the passenger side plate. (not the alignment shops fault either...I was there babysitting). The drivers side is fine...plenty of play.

The plate is adjusted all the way against where the strut tower curves up into the fender and the bearing cup plate is also maxed against the circular strut tower hole. Even If I removed the plate so the strut could move further out, it could not b/c/ of the strut hole being too far inward.

Any-one have any solutions???????????besides going back to stock....

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Sounds like your only option is going to be either A) Grind the strut hole out so it is slightly bigger, thus allowing you the extra adjustment or B)Having them set the driver's side to -1.2* camber and living with the camber being that high. You will have to rotate the front tires a little more often, but I doubt you would have much adjustment with the stock plates and lowering springs.

Good luck, I have a set of MM C/C plates on the way to me and I hope things go more smoothly for me than they did for you. Not trying to rub it in, it is just that I usually have HORRIBLE luck when it comes to putting mods on a car. ;)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for reply. You're not the only one recommending the grinding solution. I have talked to a couple other people that said that the stock strut towers are very tight to tolerances for the standard height springs and sometimes you get a build that was on the border for alignments...requiring the grinding for lowering springs. I am curious to see if I am the only one or if it is common with the H&R supersports and 2002 model years.

Just my luck....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts