Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I changed my mind on the l92 swap. I picked up a th400 from a 73 corvette today for 150.00 $$$ "good deal in my book" I have a 5.3 iron block vortech engine out of a 2004 Chevy Tahoe with 70k miles on it. The plan is too pull the engine apart, all new bearings,gaskets,seals,arp rod bolts,arp head studs, some head porting, a crane 224/232 hr, comp double spring upgrade. I wanna run a square bore carb intake with a Holley stand alone self tuning efi. That coupled with a big plate kit on top (250hp shot). What parts do I need too bolt the th400 up too the 5.3, what do I need too make the 5.3 work in the stang? What stall should I look for? Gearing for 1/4 mile only?this is a completely gutted drag car. I'm hoping the engine holds up for awhile but I have access too over a dozen of these engines at the drop of a hat and already have two spares sitting in my shop. Also a driveshaft too go from the 8.8 too the th400 as well as braking. Also running lexan windows, and the absolute lightest of everything. I want a race weight of around 2900 and around 700rwhp. All my money for the build is going to the chassis and suspension itself. Any insight or ideas are greatly appreciated!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts