Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know if it is possible or even worthwhile to put a 2000 mustang 3.8 splitport and auto trans into a 94 mustang that has the old style 3.8 and auto trans.? I have both complete cars but I don't want to change the wires under the dash. Are the transmissions the same? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
190 Posts
yes its worth it, the engine has 40 more hp.

Stan

·
Registered
165 Posts
yes it is worth it sense you already have it, i would get some goodies from Super six to for even more power if you can afford it, they both use the 4R70 auto,

·
Registered
266 Posts
it is worth it by a lot. i currently have a 03 in my 96.
you will need the engine harness if switching just the engine.
the trans will work but it is more of a hassle.
you will have to change wiring cause of the fact that the gauge cluster is electronic unlike your 95's.
pm me with any concerns or questions.
i'd be glad to help.....

·
Registered
48 Posts
i used the 99+ engine complete and used my 95 wiring harness all worked out fine i used my 95 tranny and all was fine
you do not need to change all the wiring to make the 94-98 ***** work on the 99+ engines

·
Registered
266 Posts
i used the 99+ engine complete and used my 95 wiring harness all worked out fine i used my 95 tranny and all was fine
you do not need to change all the wiring to make the 94-98 ***** work on the 99+ engines
exactly. all you do is splice out some connectors from the new harness into your original harness. now about the new trans, thats a different story. i've heard different ways of making it work....

·
Registered
48 Posts
ive got my 95 tranny and clutch and fly wheel on my split port engine in my 95 car

mind you i blew them up at the end of this season but non the less they will work

1 - 9 of 9 Posts