Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I have come here out of desperation with a problem with my 2000 Ford Mustang. Last week, I was heading home and the brake lights (not the third brake light, but the main lights) the turn signals, and the hazards all went out. Doing my research I ordered a new Multifunction Switch, and thought I'd have the problem licked easily.

Yesterday and today I went out to install it, and I noticed a couple things. First, one of the connectors on the top of the switch is melted. The wire is still there and the plug looks intact so i figured I'd just plug it in and see what happens. A couple of the wires also came loose from the top plug, but I put them where I determined they should go, and pressed on.

Some part of it must be connected properly because I get wipers and high/low beams. But the symptoms from last week persist: No turn signals, hazards worked once or twice but don't now, and no brake lights. Headlights/taillights/park lights work fine. Third brake light comes on with the brakes.

So I am now in panic mode. I am a do-it-yourselfer but I HATE electrical problems. I've also found repair harnesses for the lower plug, but not the upper plug :(

Any advice? What should I check next?

·
Registered
23,253 Posts
I love electrical, you supply the correct diagram, I will help you test.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts