Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering who is using a 2 step with there turbo for launching? I recently put one on thinking it would be easier to stage the car being I can just put the peddle to the floor when staged rather than having to watch the tach and the light. However I was wondering or thinking it would be harder on the motor meaning risking popping a head gasket because it's basically loading cylinders with fuel and igniting every other or so. Do I have anything to worry about?

·
Registered
753 Posts
The 2 step cuts timing so its perfectly safe. Get a wot box it has a 2 step, no lift shift(lets you keep the pedal to the floor and cuts timing when it senses the clutch go in making power shifting easy as butter and less wear on the trans) also has a spark rev limiter vice the oem fuel cut limiter which is safer, shift light features, window switch for meth or nitrous etc.

N2MB Racing

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
The 2 step cuts timing so its perfectly safe. Get a wot box it has a 2 step, no lift shift(lets you keep the pedal to the floor and cuts timing when it senses the clutch go in making power shifting easy as butter and less wear on the trans) also has a spark rev limiter vice the oem fuel cut limiter which is safer, shift light features, window switch for meth or nitrous etc.

N2MB Racing
how was it to install/wire?

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
my gate has a 10# spring and i see about 8# at 4500 using my pms

i plan on raising my rpm this year so i'm sure i will see the full thing

·
Registered
753 Posts
I have my 2step set at 4k rpms. When I engage it at the first amber i have 3-4psi by the time green comes on and I drop it. If I hold it longer, after 2-3 seconds of holding I have full boost which a little too much for the nitto dr's. lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts