Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Depends on the setup. Check out the bailey 2 step for the gn's, he has a few videos showing 2step vs no 2step while on the foot brake. I'm running n2mb wot box and 2 step.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Someone I'm sure will correct me but no it shouldn't. The two step essentially simulates load on your engine which is what a trans brake does. Both are still good to have but I don't think having both will help more than just a trans take when building boost at the line

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
408 Posts
My brother uses both to help spool his t-6 80mm when he's racing.His motor is only 326 c.i and the turbo has a 1.12 a/r on it,I think.What he does as he stages he gets on the 2 step which starts hitting the turbo w/ fuel to start building boost.I believe it gets up to about 34 -3500.Then he bumps into the the second light and hits the trans brake which brings him up to 4500.That rpm changes with track condition.Then he lets it rip.The 2 step allows him to build 6-8 lbs. with the big turbo.Then the trans brake gets wim to 12-14lbs.Being he races on a .400 pro tree just the trans brake won't build enough boost in time and he's also not overheating the converter.I think I got it all right.There's a lot of crap going on when he's getting ready to leave.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts