Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
seriously, is it loading fuel in the turbine when your against the 2 step or is it the same magic that took you a week to figure how to hook yours up Rich?

·
Registered
939 Posts
It cuts out spark for a split second allowing it to build boost and let it reach to high of RPM's.Sorta like power braking the car.

·
Registered
7,963 Posts
seriously, is it loading fuel in the turbine when your against the 2 step or is it the same magic that took you a week to figure how to hook yours up Rich?
My take on it is this, the turbo needs load ro build boost. When on the 2 step the motor cuts out cylinders, thus causing the other cylinders to work harder to maintain speed which in turn simulates load and allows the turbo to build boost.
Not sure if that is correct or not but it sounds good in my head.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks Rich, that makes sense, took my car to the track, 60 was way off at 1.95, ran a 11.90 @122 at 10#, gonna try 2 step, maybe can get a few #'s off line to get 60 down.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
what it is.....

it cuts spark but not fuel, all the un burnt fuel burns in the turbo housing.. heat spools the turbo. hence the ugly popping sound while on the 2step with a turbo car. the explosion actually takes place in the housing not the cyls.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
what it is.....

it cuts spark but not fuel, all the un burnt fuel burns in the turbo housing.. heat spools the turbo. hence the ugly popping sound while on the 2step with a turbo car. the explosion actually takes place in the housing not the cyls.
this is right. Pull timing helps also to time when it burns in the exh for maximum spoolage. :rofl:

·
Registered
358 Posts
I have a 4800 chip in my 2-step and it only builds about 3lbs. Granted my exhaust housing is a 1.28 and the engine is probably a bit small for the turbo.

It actually works out really well because I'm not overpowering the tires and consistently average a 1.4x 60ft time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts