Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, I'm new to this turbo stuff & don't know anything about 2 steps. My question is will a 2 step work on a turbo car with no line lock or trans brake? Trying to drop the sixty foot some.

·
Registered
73 Posts
2 step stops spark while clutch is compressed allowing u to power shift the car .. So yes a 2 step would def help.. Along with a ecu that allows different boost settings per gear..

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
so if you foot brake it now what are you seeing boost wise? it's going to be tough to foot brake and two step it but it can be done..

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so if you foot brake it now what are you seeing boost wise? it's going to be tough to foot brake and two step it but it can be done..
That's what I was wondering if it could be done & would it be beneficial? I'm only able to stall the car to around 1800-2000. It's not really getting any boost off stall, or not enough. Just trying to drop the 60ft. A little

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Yes you can 2 step it on the foot brake no problem. There are even tricks to get it to stall higher with the 2 step if you can get it to actually make boost at that low of RPM. All in all, you need a different converter or have the one in the car re-stalled if you want the car to leave hard.

·
Registered
472 Posts
What are your 60 foot times now? Turbo setup? Engine setup? Suspension setup? I would say the converter definitely needs to be looser, but there is a lot more involved to getting the car to 60 foot better.

·
Registered
648 Posts
way to do this, Install a line lock along with the 2 step on the same button and then set your rpm about 200 below your actual stall speed. When you have the button in it will rev up until your 2 step rpm is reached and then will pull spark and cause the fuel to ignite in the header instead of inside engine. This causes heat to build which in turns spools up you turbo. I found this info on turboforums.com

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Not sure if you really don't understand. A line lock on the front tires is going to make the car do a damn burnout. The only way a line lock would help on the front tires would be so the back brakes wouldn't get hot in the burnout and would grab more in the lights. Putting the line lock on the back brakes would make it hold more power before trying to push through the brakes or do a burnout.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Not sure if you really don't understand. A line lock on the front tires is going to make the car do a damn burnout. The only way a line lock would help on the front tires would be so the back brakes wouldn't get hot in the burnout and would grab more in the lights. Putting the line lock on the back brakes would make it hold more power before trying to push through the brakes or do a burnout.

I'll use the word damn as you had to use it toward me, so back to you.This is what I thought you meant, but wanted to make sure before i go further into damn details. As I was stating above, you install linelock and 2 step on the same damn button and then set the damn 2 step a couple hundred rpm below the stall speed, <--- this means the 2 step will activate before the stall actually starts to lockup and turn the back tires. So, there is no damn need for rear linelock to keep rear tires from doing a burnout because theres no power going to them while on the 2 step. Thanks have a nice damn day!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Yeah obviously putting a lighter load and lower rpm is the way to do it. Great advice. Way to be a ####ing woman about the word damn too lol

·
Registered
557 Posts
I'll use the word damn as you had to use it toward me, so back to you.This is what I thought you meant, but wanted to make sure before i go further into damn details. As I was stating above, you install linelock and 2 step on the same damn button and then set the damn 2 step a couple hundred rpm below the stall speed, <--- this means the 2 step will activate before the stall actually starts to lockup and turn the back tires. So, there is no damn need for rear linelock to keep rear tires from doing a burnout because theres no power going to them while on the 2 step. Thanks have a nice damn day!!!!!!
damn lol! By the way good advice. Im needing to do the same thing on my car.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Also does anyone have a diagram for a auto car with line lock and a 2step?

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Not much to it, have the button send a signal to both the box and the solenoid. I have it set up that way on my trans brake with my 2 step, line lock on a separate button

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I like your theory though... except my car foot brakes to 2000 before it will do a burnout without the line lock and 4,000 on the brake, and that's on the motor. And we're talking about a guy whose converter stalls at 1800. Set your line lock and 2 step at 1600 and let us know of your exhilarating results. His #### just plain needs more load and more rpm

1 - 20 of 24 Posts