Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the only info I can find about wiring this switch. It says you can use the clutch switch or an external switch. I want to run both flat shift and 2 step. I have no idea how to wire this into the clutch switch so I was going to wire in another switch to work off the clutch pedal. Problem is is it says you need the clutch switch for flat shifting. So is that meaning it has to be through the clutch switch or just any switch activated by the clutch.

If anyone has set this up can you give me some insight. Car is a 92 fox

Launch control / Flat Shift:
Launch control may be run with either the factory clutch switch or an external switch. If you wish to disable using the clutch switch for launch control, you will need to take the lid off and remove the Launch via Clutch Switch jumper. See the image below (bottom of this section, section 3) for the location of all jumpers on the mainboard.
Launch control may be run with either the factory clutch switch or an external switch. If you are using an external switch for launch control, connect the pin labeled Launch Control Input connector to a switch, and connect the other side of the switch to a chassis ground. Launch control will be active when the switch is closed.
Flat shift requires the use of the clutch switch. It enables a different rev limiter when your foot is on the clutch so you can shift while holding the throttle to the floor.

·
Registered
22,406 Posts
there are two inputs

launch and flat shift

you need a switch that activated by pressing the clutch pedal

as i said in the other thread, you are going to need to source a switch mechanism unless you want to canabilize the one that is used for starting and cruise

·
Registered
608 Posts
This is the only info I can find about wiring this switch. It says you can use the clutch switch or an external switch. I want to run both flat shift and 2 step. I have no idea how to wire this into the clutch switch so I was going to wire in another switch to work off the clutch pedal. Problem is is it says you need the clutch switch for flat shifting. So is that meaning it has to be through the clutch switch or just any switch activated by the clutch.

If anyone has set this up can you give me some insight. Car is a 92 fox

Launch control / Flat Shift:

Launch control may be run with either the factory clutch switch or an external switch. If you wish to disable using the clutch switch for launch control, you will need to take the lid off and remove the Launch via Clutch Switch jumper. See the image below (bottom of this section, section 3) for the location of all jumpers on the mainboard.

Launch control may be run with either the factory clutch switch or an external switch. If you are using an external switch for launch control, connect the pin labeled Launch Control Input connector to a switch, and connect the other side of the switch to a chassis ground. Launch control will be active when the switch is closed.

Flat shift requires the use of the clutch switch. It enables a different rev limiter when your foot is on the clutch so you can shift while holding the throttle to the floor.

I was reading this very same details on setting it up on my PIMPXS ECU which is MS3 based. I’m wondering if it’s the same and if so it looks like it uses the factory wiring harnesses with your switch that’s already on your clutch you just have to enable it in the configurations. I’m probably wrong but I’ll look through my setup guide and see if I can copy and paste where it says that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
608 Posts
enable launch control in the tune.
ground the assigned pin
launch control

Use the switch already in place at the clutch pedal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
factory switches do work for stuff like this, just have to check whether it is a ground or 12v switch, then run a wire to ECU to trigger an input (which you assign to whatever feature you're wanting to use).

I have a turbo auto car and use the factory brake switch to trigger launch control for foot-brake starts. Also use the Neutral Safety Switch to trigger more idle valve duty when in gear. Only thing that i couldn't figure out was using the factory VSS signal. I got a signal but it's super noisy and I think the 25 year old connector/wires are just problematic. Went with a hall sensor at the axle instead and that works well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
You don't need to wire anything, just enable the launch and flat shift in the boost/advanced menu. Default is clutch switch and it works fine off of the clutch.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts