Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a 2 point strut tower brace installed on a fox body? I see where Mustangs Unlimited sells one that claims to be a Ford Racing one, however it looks like the one for the 05 and up cars. If you do have one can you post a picture so I can get an idea? Thanks!

·
Registered
985 Posts
That's not going to do much, other then get in the way when you want to pull the valve covers or lower intake.

IIRC, the only brace FRPP ever offered for the Fox was the triangular style.

cheers
Ed N.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Silverone, thanks for the pics! It does help! I have a 3 point style now and I am having some clearance issues. I have a Paxton and I am installing a power pipe and it is really tight. I also just replaced the engine mounts and despite my best trying the engine is up about 1/2 in more and the same oil cap I have used for like 18yrs now won't work anymore with the strut tower brace. Anyway I was curious if someone made a 2 point style that went over the intake like the 05 up ones do, however after some research yesterday and looking at mine last night I don't see how you could do that style and keep the stock hood. Thanks again for the pictures!

·
Registered
662 Posts
Unless someone can actually PROVE to me that those things do anything, I think they're just adding a little extra weight, in the front, and up relatively high, on an already nose-heavy car. :)

·
Registered
855 Posts
I don't have any way to do any legitimate testing on my car, but I will tell you that the MM STB I installed on my car helped quiet down noise and reduce the "shock" felt by hitting large bumps in the road. The speedbumps at my apt. complex are now not terrible to hit. Still a solid "thud", but it's not a "bang" as before. The subframes reduced it a lot, and the STB took it further. It's especially noticeable when only 1 wheel hits the bump. Take it for what it's worth, but I noticed a difference. Granted, the MM STB is a 3 point. A 2 point would not do much, if anything, for any car, IMO.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts