Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here's a video of my car on the dyno. Scroll 3/4 of the way thru to see the pull. I was letting it warm up on the dyno and my friend started filming a little early. I was surprised by the power as you can tell.

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
What is the difference between the two runs on the screen?

482 lb-ft and 446 hp to the wheels is pretty serious. What is done to the 2.5 and how much boost are you pushing?

·
Premium Member
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
What is the difference between the two runs on the screen?

482 lb-ft and 446 hp to the wheels is pretty serious. What is done to the 2.5 and how much boost are you pushing?
Thank you!

I think main difference was 1 degree of timing and letting it cool down for a few hours. Can't remember what the previous run was exactly, but they were all pretty close. Also, previous pulls were 20 psi, this one was almost 22 psi.
Shortblock is stock 2.5L crank, billet rods from boport, CP forged flat top pistons, hellfire rings. Head is stock dual plug, ported, bigger valves, bigger springs for cam, retainers and locks upgraded, esslinger turbo cam, port matched stock intake.
V8 to 2.3 adapter plate for V8 T5 bellhousing, V8 T5 with input I had machined down to fit into 4cyl pilot brg. Aftermarket clutch I had on the shelf.
Turbo is GT35 ebay, 61.5/81.5 comp, 68/62.4 turbine, lowranger96 log turbo manifold, Stinger downpipe, Ebay intercooler kit, ProM 3" maf, stock c1a1 electronics. Tuned with BE and quarterhorse.

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
That's like about 525 hp and 570 lb-ft at the crank. From 2.5 liters. That's pretty impressive.

What did you do for the flywheel? Aren't the 2.3 and 302 crank hub patterns different?

Also, I once said anyone messing with any Ford turbo 4 other than the Ecoboost is throwing money away. That was just....wrong. I rescind that statement.

·
Premium Member
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's like about 525 hp and 570 lb-ft at the crank. From 2.5 liters. That's pretty impressive.

What did you do for the flywheel? Aren't the 2.3 and 302 crank hub patterns different?

Also, I once said anyone messing with any Ford turbo 4 other than the Ecoboost is throwing money away. That was just....wrong. I rescind that statement.
I bought it from lowranger96, he had a custom spacer made that slides over the crank and presses in the flywheel opening so it is centered, the he had it redrilled for 2.3 pattern. I plan to use the SPEC flywheel they make for this swap, but it's aluminum and I'm not crazy about driving that around town. So it's gonna be sometime down the road when I need a clutch.
Thanks man, this thing has amazed me as well.

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
What fuel do you run? Is this running pump gas? Head studs?

I am drawn to the under dog. And a turbo 2.5 is an underdog.

·
Premium Member
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What fuel do you run? Is this running pump gas? Head studs?

I am drawn to the under dog. And a turbo 2.5 is an underdog.
Lol, yeah I guess it is. These were tractor engines way back when I guess.

E85 from speedway, yes arp head studs, felpro 12 buck graphite gasket has been on it for a year now.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Wow, great build and numbers. I've thought about finding another fox with a 2.3 and doing something similar. Just with pistons and an eBay special turbo build with a V8 T5. Great motivation to get started!

·
Premium Member
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I read on turbo forums that he ventilated the engine block.
Yep, one of the chinesium 'billet' rods sheered about 3" up from the big end. Bo said it prob had a bubble or crack in the rod. I'm going with name brand rods and 30 psi when I get back to it. Can't post pics here anymore so if you want to see the whole build go to the turbo forums and find my build thread.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts