Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Fellow turbo nutz

I have been a turbo guy for years. When I found out that on3performance was producing decent kits for 5.0/5.8 I decided to do the swap.

My car is 1986 Mercury Cougar XR7. http://www.crystalcomputersupport.com/trav/xr7pic6.JPG Its done the best of [email protected] with a completely stock motor. Just lots of boost and methanol. I now have moved to e85.

Sense Im going to have the Mark 7 engine on the stand. I was going to change a couple of things...all gaskets, headgaskets felpro 9331, arp bolts, timing change, stock valve springs. Any other ideas?

I will have the correct motormounts, I already have a c4. Im going to just change the fuel injector harness to a V8 and use the harness in the car. For computer Im going to Stingers Pimp. I have a 2500 stall converter. Will that be fine for the turbo 5.0?

I will also upgrade the 255lph to 340lph. using this pump Aeromotive 11140 Aeromotive 340 Stealth In-Tank Fuel Pumps

Things Im not looking to do this year are a complete fuel line upgrade and a rear end upgrade. I still using my 7.5" 3.45. I do have a 8.8 turbo coupe rear end. But that needs to be completely redone. What is the most power that have been made with the factory fuel line, fuel rail, and stock turbo 5.0?

So any additional ideas to my big idea??!!

Thanks,

Travis

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Fuel lines are good for a little less than 600rwhp. Just upgrade the rails to 94-95 they are good for more than the lines. Now this is all for gas on e85 it maxed out my lines.

Muscle motor performance or wtf ever it is has 340lph pumps for $119 shipped.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts