Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 79 Pace Car with the 2.3 turbo 4-cyl. On the wastegate, there are 2 vacuum line fittings, but no lines. Does anyone know where these 2 vacuum lines are routed to ?

I tried to post an attachment, showing a picture of what I was trying to describe, but it won't let me post an attachment, for some unknown reason.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
One port will require boost pressure from the compressor housing, the other is usually a vent. Idk what that specific turbo/gate looks like so if you can post a pic, it'd be more helpful.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would love to post a picture,, had one ready to go when I made the original post, but the site says that I can't post attachments for some reason.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
I've never seen that gate before honestly. Most "internal" wastegates apply pressure from the compressor to the top port to push the rod toward the compressor, opening the gate flap.

Safest way to determine what's going on there is probably to use an air compressor and apply 5-7-10psi to the top and bottom port and see how it acts. I imagine applying pressure to the top port is correct and maybe the bottom port is for vent. Maybe somebody else will chime in.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah,, need some early turbocharged carb 2.3 guru to chime in. Someone that's familiar with these little turbos

1 - 10 of 10 Posts