Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I’m new to the forum, and have a few questions. I’m trying to install a 2.1 Blowzilla on a 1995 gt. I’m confused on what to do with fuel/ retard ignition. I’m keeping the stock fuel rails and 30lbs injectors running a boost a pump system. The boost a pump is a newer model, from what I’ve read the old version you just set the voltage going into the pump and left it. How does the boost a pump know when to up the voltage, vacuum? If so which side of sc intake, after the blower would make sense to me. Secondly I’m confused on how retarding ignition works. From what I’ve read on forums it’s around 10 degrees. If the car is at idle, the sc isn’t producing boost, is the engine still retarded ~10 degrees(wouldn’t it run like ####). One more thing is the sc I bought came with a MSD (6btm) ignition retardant dial box, you can retard ignition in 3 settings. Ex if it’s set to number 2 it’s 14 degrees retardant with 7 lbs of boost.

At WOP what should the max retardant be at 7psi?
Is the retardant progressive as boost builds? Cause I have the dial to retard ignition, I’m confused when to retard the engine based on boost.
That’s all I can think of for now thanks to all that can help out

·
Registered
21,872 Posts
WANT a better method, that eliminates the retard box?

The retard box does not address the need you really want

This is what i suggest, and its from learning what is the most effective method

You need a tuning device, or a tuner, throw out the ignition and restart boxes

You are going to tune your setup with everything except the sc not spinning

You are going to be able to scale the load correctly

Then you are going to hook up the sc belt, and tune for part and closed throttle

This is the most effective way to reach your goal, and drivable car

1 - 2 of 2 Posts