Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a n/a 302 set up that has to big of a exhaust set up on it currently. 1 3/4 long tubes, 3 inch h-pipe, into 3 inch ultra flows dumped. Car seems to run good at the track 7.30's 1/8 mile. My question is, is the large exhaust hurting it or helping? would it be worth the hassle to change the headers, mid pipe, and cat back for a 2 1/2 set up? How does a car act that has a "to big of a exhaust system" Has anybody stepped down and gained? It's kind of hard to think by going smaller or restricting some flow that the car would be faster. Anybody ever experimented with this? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Spray the #### out of it and keep the exhaust that's my opinion.:)

·
Registered
962 Posts
Id leave it. Seems like it likes it. My car likes the 3" xpipe and bullets and sounds wicked. Always room to grow IMO

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah i like having the room to grow, I was just wondering if its killing the car in the torque department and Had anybody played around with different exhaust sizes and how it effected e.t.'s. Thanks for the replys, anybody else?

·
Registered
705 Posts
Yeah i like having the room to grow, I was just wondering if its killing the car in the torque department and Had anybody played around with different exhaust sizes and how it effected e.t.'s. Thanks for the replys, anybody else?
I nevered played around with exhuast system diameters but swapping from bbk 1 5/8 to bbk 1 3/4 longtubes on my gt40p motor made absolutely no difference. It just gave my spark plugs a lot more room.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Switching from bbk shorties and 2.5" off road h-pipe to 1 5/8's longtubes and 3" xpipe I picked up .5 seconds and 6 mph with no other changes and that was even with a worse 60ft. That was on my old combo with gt40ps. Was going 13.5 at 100 with 1.7 60' all spring/summer long and did the change and went 13.0 at 106 in the early fall.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts