Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was debating on whether or not to post this but thought somebody might find it usefull

Over a year ago I bought a used never installed on3 kit with an upgraded intercooler and a new turbosmart 50mm wastegate, but i failed to read the ad that clearly stated it was for a 4v. I called on3 and searched but could never get a straight answere on if the kit would fit. I'm not trying to bash on3on this. I know the first gen kit not the best, but The reason I bought the kit was the price of the intercooler and wastegate seperate was more than i paid for the kit with them included. The only differences I have found with the kit is that radatior hose is different, and the tb piping might be. Mine was cut and had a section missing so I'm not sure. Other than that the kit bolted right up. I wil say this, I installed the kit in my garage on jack stands and fitment of kit was not the best. Then I took it to my buddies shop for some custom 2 inch wastegate piping and welding. We took the kit back off wrapped the pipes and installed it on a lift and fitment was way better. I have not fired it up yet to see if it leaks but v bands seemed to line up and seal well. I'm currently biulding a big bore stroker and will be changing to a C&G hot side kit with that motor. This is just to have some fun with stock motor.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Was debating on whether or not to post this but thought somebody might find it usefull

Over a year ago I bought a used never installed on3 kit with an upgraded intercooler and a new turbosmart 50mm wastegate, but i failed to read the ad that clearly stated it was for a 4v. I called on3 and searched but could never get a straight answere on if the kit would fit. I'm not trying to bash on3on this. I know the first gen kit not the best, but The reason I bought the kit was the price of the intercooler and wastegate seperate was more than i paid for the kit with them included. The only differences I have found with the kit is that radatior hose is different, and the tb piping might be. Mine was cut and had a section missing so I'm not sure. Other than that the kit bolted right up. I wil say this, I installed the kit in my garage on jack stands and fitment of kit was not the best. Then I took it to my buddies shop for some custom 2 inch wastegate piping and welding. We took the kit back off wrapped the pipes and installed it on a lift and fitment was way better. I have not fired it up yet to see if it leaks but v bands seemed to line up and seal well. I'm currently biulding a big bore stroker and will be changing to a C&G hot side kit with that motor. This is just to have some fun with stock motor.
Let me know when you get it ready to bring up to tune it

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Shouldn't be to much longer just a couple power steering lines to rework and bend up oil supply line and a few other nick nack things. I will text you after I fire it up to let you know how base line tune you sent me is running. Got the 50mm wastegate to fit, if Pat B had welded like I ask I wouldn't have wasted time and money with him.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts