Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the car to Mid Michigan tonight for some testing after putting in the new converter. I ended up going all by myself, so I did not have a camera man. I did get someone to video a pass for me...Its not that great of a video, but I will get it posted up tomorrow.
Anyhow the new converter just caused a lot of new (NO) traction problems. First pass was a 11.50 doing my best John force pedal fest. I starting re-adjusting the suspension till I got a [email protected] with only a 1.57 60'. On that pass, it lifted the front end, while it was up the tires let loose, causing the front to come back down fast, I pedaled it, caught it on the way back up, and kept it hooked for the rest of the run.
Next run, I added a little more A/F, and messed with the rear shocks. This time it did the same thing, but got more tire spin, and did not hook on the pedal. Went a 1.7 60' [email protected] All of these runs I was just foot braking it. I think it is time to take the rear QA-1's off, and try the strange shocks.

All of this was with pump gas, 3350lb race weight, on 275/50 drag radials, AOD, 3.55 gears. Just the way it is driven on the street every day.
Back to the drawing board! need to keep working on the suspension till it gets down in the 1.40's and I can Use all of my right foot off from the line!

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Nice. Just think if you how much faster you would be if you took everyone's advice out here and bought a billet core cam and had 300PSI cranking pressures....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts