Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I’m a new member here I drive a 1996 cobra,I hope to learn new things from everyone here as I am currently slowly building my 96 cobra,my plans for the future idk yet. Considering either building my stock 4v and going turbo,or coyote swapping it,i love both platforms for their own uniqueness and high revving performance,one thing I’ve always loved is a high revving v8,anyways I plan on tackling whatever it is that has to be done myself. I have never taken an engine out of any car or apart but I’ve been around cars my whole life and have seeing a lot and sort of know my way around an engine and how it works,I do a lot of reading and researching before I do anything. So I’m mostly leaning towards the coyote swap if anything,hopefully I can get some good advice on how to get things started and maybe you guys who have done the swap yourself can guide me through it. Thanks to anyone who took their time to read this and maybe give me good advice

·
11,068 Posts
coyote swap, gears, and improve the rear suspension via Watts link, TA/PB, or IRS. Don't waste your lunch money on all the bolt-ons.
Welcome to the corral.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don’t have 20k but that would certainly be my first choice of engine swap if I had that kind of money,who wouldn’t love to rev our American v8’s to rev to 8250rpm,I would keep it n/a too

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All my money is going to be dumped into suspension after the coyote swap,leaning towards maximum motorsports torque arm bar,panhard bar,rear adjustable control arms,front k-member and A-arms etc. I would also like to upgrade that sloppy steering rack as it gets annoying when driving and you have a lot of steering play

1 - 7 of 7 Posts