Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The dash lights for my guages and AC pannel just stopped working in my 95.
I checked all the fuses and none are blown.
The head lights come on and the clock light dims as it should when the switch is on.
Anyone have any ideas? What am I missing.

·
Registered
318 Posts
The head lite switch has a coil around that is the reostat (can't spell it!). Pull the switch and you probably will find this wire coil broken. I've replaced a few of them over the years in different kinds of cars.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Yep, its the headlight switch. Ive replaced mine 2 times now. No dash lights, clock is dim, blinkers and headlights still work right?

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
OMFG I CANNOT TELL YOU HOW HAPPY THIS MAKES ME

My problem is EXACTLY like yours. My HVAC lights, dash lights, etc do not work. But my taillights, headlights, turn signals, work. My Hi-beams light works, as does my critical lamps, like airbag, oil, ABS, and check engine.

So I just remove the headlight switch and replace it? Is this where I need to be bend a nail 90 degrees to fidget with the knob?

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Yes, you have to pull the headlight knob off. When you get the bezel off the headlight switch has a big connector on it. The ony tricky partwas getting she shaft out of the old switch. If I remember right there is a plastic piece that has to be pushed down to let the shaft out. Its really easy to do.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, I'll see about swapping it out. Hopefully it's that easy, never had one go bad on an SN95 before

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Hey guys, I am officially resurrecting this topic for discussion.

I had the problem as stated, but today I swapped in a new headlight switch and the problems are still there. My coil wire was intact and nothing looked burnt or broken.

here is the catch... on that HUGE gray connector block, the top center female connection side is cracked and looks slightly burnt (tan around cracks). Its the plastic which is cracked, the flat side where it meets the headlight switch male connectors.

Anyone have any ideas as to what my problem might be? FWIW I did the fog-light re-wire under the e-brake, maybe that has something to do with it?

thanks in advance
Ben

1 - 7 of 7 Posts