Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just changed the intake and everything is back together ( I think). The best I got it to do is idle for a few seconds and it sounded like it was running on 2 cylinders. It's getting plenty of gas because I checked that out. What are some possible causes of not running? All vacuum lines and sensors are connected also. It made a suctioning sound at the air inlet and then stalled, instead of revving up.:confused:

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Re: Help! My 95 GT won't start

tangerine302 said:
I just changed the intake and everything is back together ( I think). The best I got it to do is idle for a few seconds and it sounded like it was running on 2 cylinders. It's getting plenty of gas because I checked that out. What are some possible causes of not running? All vacuum lines and sensors are connected also. It made a suctioning sound at the air inlet and then stalled, instead of revving up.:confused:
I had this problem on my '92 when I took it back to stock. It turned out to be a fuel line the got pinched between the tank and the body. If it's not fuel in your case it's almost got to be spark. Rest the pointer to #1 at TDC, set the distributor to line up with #1, and double check the firing order. It goes counterclockwise.

Shawn

1 - 2 of 2 Posts