Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally decided to buy the kit last week after creeping on the forums for awhile. Got my kit yesterday and unpacked everything. Was pretty surprised how well packaged the kit was. The only thing I can complain about is the 20,000 styrofoam peanuts (it didn't make for an easy cleanup). Prior to getting the kit I pulled out the long tube headers, radiator, fan, battery, intake, and A/C lines to respray the engine bay since it was kind of ratty.

Well after all of that now I decided to pull the engine and get rid of all of the A/C components since I do not use them any way. I am still going to keep them incase I ever want to go back. Well now I am going to throw a new clutch in and should have the motor back in next weekend. Today I wrapped the headers with heat wrap and tapped the oil pan. I will keep you guys updated as I install the clutch when it comes in later this week. Then Im going to mock up the hotside on the motor before throwing it back in.

·
Registered
747 Posts
look good man. its funny how it seems to be a ton of ON 3 build threads now. even i have one. Chad is deff not being affected by the crappy economy, LOL.

·
Registered
246 Posts
looking forward to seeing this go together. I am trying to button up my own On3 kit and my buddy just oredered this kit. We will start his install when mine is complete.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea I was kind of skeptical on punching the oil pan so I pulled the motor to drill and tap it. It was better off anyway since now I have a chance to change the mounts and the clutch. Pan got finished up today now just waiting on my clutch to put the motor back in. I have not seen any SN-95 On3 builds yet so I figured I would post up.....Im not a pro but I know a few things

·
Registered
401 Posts
looking good what motor mount u gonna used? stock!

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well it has been a long week....I decided to paint the valve covers and the upper intake manifold for kicks. My buddy and I prepped them and powder coated them with wrinkle black paint....let me know what you guys think....here is what it looks like up close

Here is the first shot of the intake

and another shot

and finally the stock valve covers

I got the clutch in today so I will be able to put the engine back in saturday morning. I will finally have the kit going in that afternoon.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Whats your plans for a breather system?Good luck with the install

·
Registered
21 Posts
looks good. is that the 70mm? i was thinking about using them too

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
looks good. is that the 70mm? i was thinking about using them too
Yea the kit went together pretty good.....I just have no clue about the supplied bolts..as far as what goes where....I made a Lowes run and solved that fairly easily.....other than that the kit is going on slowly...i ran out of time this weekend but the hotside is all bolted on and ready to go and I just did a quick mock up of the turbo...ill post pics in a second.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
made alot of headway this past week....will post up some pics tomorrow night. I have had bad luck with the hardware supplied with the kit. I did not receive header bolts, got only 2 bolts for the wastegate...none to mount up the dump...no washers for anything....short a couple bolts here and there...had to make a couple of runs to Lowe's. The kit was pretty solid other than that. I did have 2 small pinhole sized holes in the welding of the headers....thank god when I did repaint them I saw them in the light. Hit the with the welder quick then hit them with a coat of high temp.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts