Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I re-wired my fog lights per the article under Tech in Corral. I just want to make sure that I didn't mess up...

I found the red-black wire next to (not across from) the purple-red wire and I switched them.

It works, but I don't want it to eventually cause a short.

Somebody please confirm or correct my actions.

Thanks!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Here's what the article says...

The two wires you will be concerned with are the red/black and blue/red. Use the above procedure to remove these two wires from the harness and switch their positions. These two wires are positioned across from each other and should remain that way, only in opposite positions. The wiring scheme is the same for both 5.0’s and 4.6’s, Cobras and GT’s alike.

I did this simple mod a few months ago, and I distinctly remember a red/black and blue/red wire switch. Also, the wires that I switched were across from one another as indicated in the article.

I found the red-black wire next to (not across from) the purple-red wire and I switched them.
I'm not sure if maybe you just thought it was purple instead of blue or what. Also, maybe you just misunderstood the meaning of 'across from'. No matter, mine has worked fine for months without any problems at all. I hope this helps you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts