Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car is a 95GT, currently under the knife. Putting in another 302 and doing an AODE to Tremec 3550 swap. Before I started the tear down, I went to start the car to move it to my other driveway.

While it was cranking, I saw smoke from the hood and my dad yelling to turn it off. I got out and looked, the thicker black/orange wire that runs from the back of the alt. over to the box on the driver side by the battery melted right at the back of the alternator where that nut secures it to the alternator. It looks like the previous owner had issues at some point because there was electrical tape wrapped around that wire. Also.. the oil fill cap is melted, and under the hood around where that area is charred a little too. I just hope there aren't massive electrical issues with the car because I have a Megasquirt PNP ECU waiting to go in too... I'm going to get it running with the stock ECU after I get everything swapped over and make sure there are no major issues..

My question is, is there anywhere I can buy that particular cable? Or what should I do with it?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts