Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering if anyone knew where the green wire of a tach light goes to on a 1995 svt cobra the diagram they gave me sucked and i cant find any sights. please help me and i dont want to screw it into the dash but i thing any kind of glue or velcro will move around in the hot days of the summer. ANY IDEAS

·
PMS Tuning Forum Moderator
3,478 Posts
The green wire goes to the negative side of the coil. There are two plugs under the coil. Pull the plug that is closest to the motor, and tap the green wire into that plug. Mine worked that way for years till I bought an ignition box, that is when you will need to move the green wire to the box.

Troy

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanx man I am going to try it out right now and let you know how it goes also should put the red to a accesory or constant power source.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well the wire that i had expected to be the right one wasnt i guess. does anyone know if the ground wire is in that harness that comes off of the distributor or off the coil pack.

·
PMS Tuning Forum Moderator
3,478 Posts
Actually I had it backwards. There are two leads going under the coil. One has two wires in it, it is the plug closest to the radiator. Tap into that lead.

Troy

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is the wire yellowish with a stripe on it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts