Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
On my 1994 im still wondering if the fan is working right ? A few weeks back i had to replace the fan relay. The fan would not come on unless the ac was on. Isnt the fan supposed to come on for a few seconds when you first turn the key? Someone mentioned a recall on these fans, anybody know anything on that? Also where is the higest point the stock temp gauge should point, halfway point ? Lately my temp gauge goes from way down low to the halfway point and then back low again. I replaced the temp sensor and the sensor on the water neck. Thanks for any help in advance

·
Registered
669 Posts
Its not supposed to come on with the key on. Cars do that when somethings wrong usually, like bad computer, blown fuse, or bad CCRM.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just recently got a new fan from ford per the recall. Mine wasnt turning on at all. I am a service advisor for the enemy(G.M.)
they allowed me to just take the fan and bring back the old one. the recall is to add a new circuit to blow if the fan seizes up. Mine did.They orderd it for me and i just picked it up (free)Don't wait on the recall if yours is valid, it is only good to a certain time and miles. If you didnt get a letter, call a ford dealership and have em run your vin. In total their is like 3 or 4 recalls on the 94-98s that i am aware of,

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the recall information, I will give them a call and check it out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts