Ford Mustang Forums banner

1994 Mustang GT Electrical Problem

403 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Reger99GT 
#1 ·
I have a 94GT and today was driving it, after putting a new radio in yesterday. The car has an alarm on it. All of a sudden the radio stops playing music to the speakers so i'm thinking a fuse, then there is some smoke coming into the car near the floor area. I pull over the smoke doesnt continue, it was just a little bit of light smoke. so i start driving back and the radio shuts off. The check the radio, and the ignition is working, but the 12v constant is out. The clock in the clock pod is out. The doors will only lock when the car is actually started. but they will not unlock, if i try to unlock them with the car is on, then the guage cluster illumination will stay on for as long as I hold the button. The power mirrors are out. any ideas? i've checked basically every fuse in the car, except i dont know about the metal style fuses. I figure the amp in the radio might have burned out, which would explain smoke. I've installed 30 or 40 cd players and have never had a problem before. the mach460 is no longer in the car, no amps, wiring, or speakers. The alarm works but will not lock or unlock the doors. it can still open the trunk and shut it off when it is set off. any ideas? please help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.