Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering if anyone can help me. I just ran a 'carfax' on a Mustang I am looking at buying and the car is being represented as a Cobra but the carfax says it's a GT. Would the registration differentiate? The car looks like a Cobra from the pictures but as it's halfway across the country I have not had a chance to examine it. The car has been heavily modified and I'm not interested primarily in it having to be a Cobra but would obviously prefer that it be one. I'm more interested in the Incon twin turbo set up and T56! Also what would be the unmodified differences between the GT & Cobra of that year? Thanks

Thanks for the response, the 8th digit on this VIN is 'D', does that help?

·
Registered
398 Posts
A cobra is going to have 13 inch brakes, 160 speedo, leather e-brake handle, shifter and boot. Cobra on the driver's air bag. Also alot more engine stuff like intake, 24lb injectors, gt40 iron heads, 1.6 rockers, etc. but assuming the motor is heavily modded, they probably took off most of that stuff. Also, check the 8th digit in the vin number. I know cobras have a certain letter but I can't remember what because mine is in the garage at the other house. I will let you know later.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts