Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While trying to fix an intermittent electrical problem with my '94 GT, I've replaced the alt, battery, starter, and negative battery cable. Car periodically stops charging, battery runs down while I'm driving, I find this out when I try to start it, and it won't. Yesterday, when this happened, I had someone turn the key while I looked. The starter ground over slowly, and the small #10 wire attached to the negative battery terminal, going to ground on the body, started to smoke. I cut this wire and left it loose, and the car started right up! I'm having difficulty picturing how cutting a ground wire loose fixed a high-resistance connection. Where does the other end of this wire go? I appreciate any help!

·
Registered
673 Posts
that black 10 gauge wire that goes from the neg terminal to the fender then splits off and goes down to the wiring harness needs to be attached.. I know it grounds out the maf and will cause voltage issues with your maf.. I just went through some issues and Pro M was very presistant that i make sure that ground is done correctly when i relocated my battery to the trunk so it must be important.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts