Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What cam can I put in my 94 lightning to make it sound mean and make some good power and what cam dose it’s use flat tapped or Roller and what can I put in it

·
Registered
304 Posts
With Speed Density(all Gen1’s came with it) there is no sounding mean. If your truck came with a roller block(F4TE but can’t remember when they started using them), you can swap in a 5.0 mustang cam for some extra power. The stock cams in the gen1’s are flat tappet so you will need the roller lifters, dog bones and spider for it as well as 96 351 bronco pushrods. And may as well get some 1.7 roller rockers for a little extra lift while your there.

There is a real cool older thread that has a graph between the stock and the 5.0 cam. Do a search in this section.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
304 Posts
With Speed Density(all Gen1’s came with it) there is no sounding mean. If your truck came with a roller block(F4TE but can’t remember when they started using them), you can swap in a 5.0 mustang cam for some extra power. The stock cams in the gen1’s are flat tappet so you will need the roller lifters, dog bones and spider for it as well as 96 351 bronco pushrods. And may as well get some 1.7 roller rockers for a little extra lift while your there.

There is a real cool older thread that has a graph between the stock and the 5.0 cam. Do a search in this section.

Sorry, That thread is on the NLOC.net

Check out that site..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

I know with the stock cam it doesn’t sound that mean but I’m wondering what cam can I put in it to make it sound mean

·
Registered
304 Posts
You can’t have any lope with speed density. You will have to do a mass air conversion or another type of engine management system. Then you can run most any cam with a 112 lobe sep. TFS stage 1 is a really good cam to start with.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Oh well your good then. Do you have a stock or higher stall speed converter?

If stock, I would go with a e303 or tfs stage 1 cam or a comp 268. TFS stage 1 is the best mild cam imo.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts