Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1993 mustang Gt with the following mods:

BBK CAI, trick flow intake, Edlebrock RPM heads, Comp extreme energy cam, comp push rods, comp roller lifters and 1.6 rocker arm, JP billet double roller, 2.5 in hedman headers into x pipe with no cat and magnaflow exhaust.

The previous owner claimed it has a stage two clutch and a beefed up T5, running 3.73 in the rear end putting down 320whp and running low 13 in the quarter.

No bottom end work and still running all stock fuel system.

I just purchased a used Procharger kit and am unsure of what to add on top of this. I am going to be putting in a 255Lph pump in the fuel tank and the car will be going to get dyno tuned but my other questions are:

1) Has anyone actually run this kit on #19 injectors? (Previous Procharger owner claimed he put down 440 with stock fuel system)

2) I have a set of #24lbs injector would that be enough? (#30 injectors are $600 in Canada)

3) What size #24 MAF sensor would I run? (76 mm?)

4) I still have my stock Throttle body should that be upgraded?

5) will my stock fuel regulator be fine?

6) do I need new/upgraded plugs, wires and coil?

I appreciate any help I can get and thank you in advance

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
...I just purchased a used Procharger kit and am unsure of what to add on top of this. I am going to be putting in a 255Lph pump in the fuel tank and the car will be going to get dyno tuned but my other questions are:

1) Has anyone actually run this kit on #19 injectors? (Previous Procharger owner claimed he put down 440 with stock fuel system)
2) I have a set of #24lbs injector would that be enough? (#30 injectors are $600 in Canada)
3) What size #24 MAF sensor would I run? (76 mm?)
4) I still have my stock Throttle body should that be upgraded?
5) will my stock fuel regulator be fine?
6) do I need new/upgraded plugs, wires and coil?...
1) That's what the FMU's were used for, to raise fuel pressure under boost. Procharger test vehicle was unmodified 1988 Mustang that made over 400hp with P600B. Factory ECU was all you had back then. Many more options, today.
2) 24's should be good for 350hp. Will need "chip" for EEC or new ECU.
3) Yes
4) Yes
5) Yes
6) 1 heat range colder on the plugs
Assume the used it has the intercooler & all the plumbing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your help

I currently have the car set to 14*

Would I have to adjust or set the timing back to 10* after installing the Procharger?

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
...I currently have the car set to 14*
Would I have to adjust or set the timing back to 10* after installing the Procharger?
Yes, 10degBTDC.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts