Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd post in this section since you guys would likely be most experienced with this issue/question...

I swapped my '95 GT brakes for a Cobra setup back in '08. After years of debating changing my master cylinder to a '93 Cobra unit, I've decided to do so, and while I was waffling, it appears that Bendix quit making them. Will a Raybestos unit be just as good, or is there another brand I should be looking at?

Thanks in advance,

Andy

P. S. New is the only option in looking at.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
What vendors are you looking at? I'm looking for one as well at ebay and Rockauto.

Edit: After searching around, I ended up ordering the Centric 131.61060 from Rockauto for $50 shipped after a small discount code. Should be here in time to install it before my next auto-x on the the 29th.

Re: branding, I tend to go with the idea that most items made outside the US are basically the same and the rest is just advertising (true in the grocery world, at least). If the Centric turns out to be junk, then I'll buy the Raybestos unit.

·
Premium Member
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I figure I won't go wrong with either of my "second" choices/ I just wish Bendix still had theirs since that was the factory brand (at least it is on my GT?).

Andy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts