202 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Latest pics, progress being made quickly

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Good news, cervinis kit finally arrived today at the body shop. I have to be honest the quality of the rear spoiler leaves a bit to be desired, but the guys are going to fix it up.

They also managed to get the rear spoiler and jambs painted today. They are hoping to have the whole car painted by end of next week. Then it sits for 2 weeks to outfit and settle, followed by another week of final cutting and buffing

·
Registered
1990 Ford Mustang LX 351M powered!! Project Cherry Bomb!!
36 Posts
Really sweet job on your resto so far!! Looking really nice, and I could just get lost in that blue!!! It's absolutely gorgeous!!!! I can't wait to see it all together!!!

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
More progress this week at the paint and body shop.

They finished smooth all the minor dings in the body, welded all the unneeded holes, fit the cervinis cobra kit (which does not fit all that great).

The big news, in my opinion, was they fully blended the cobra grill insert into the front bumper. It looks really nice and less like a sloppy add-on.

Reactions: Werecow91

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
They also managed to get the entire car primered and ready for paint. Unfortunately the weather here is not cooperating, so no painting today. It is looking like next week for paint.

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
We have paint!!

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Paint guy knocked out the cervinis cobra kit today. I really like how he bounded the grill insert into the front bumper. It really makes it look much cleaner.

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Thanks man. It is really starting to take shape.

I dropped off the door panels yesterday at a local custom shop to have them rebuilt. Going to recover them in leather and Alcantara, ditching the map pocket as well. Also going to build out the speaker opening a bit to fit an Audiofrog 6" in the door.

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I stopped in to check on the car yesterday and everything is painted except for the topside of the hood. They were going to handle that today.

I also dropped of the torque arm, subframe connectors, panhard bar, lower control arms, shocks, springs and stiffness cross member. Scott, the metal fab expert is going to handle the basic install and welding. Hes going to pressure wash the underside before installing anything. Then once that is complete they are going to undercoat the car to protect it from the elements and it will provide a little sound deadening as well.

I also met up with a good friend of mine to look over the car for audio ideas. He has many years of experience doing professional audio installs in competition and published vehicles in the early 90s. He brought me some sound deadener material and next week we are going to start taking detailed measurements for the audio system. I already have picked up a fully restored alpine 7909 pullout cd player and alpine 3348 graphic eq to go with it. I'm planning to run Audiofrog mids and highs. The sub, likely a 12 in the spare tire well and amps are undecided at this point.

At this point I think the car will not make it back to CCD to begin mechanical work until first week of August. We will see though.

So far I'm really happy with the progress and excited to see everything coming together steadily.

As always, stay tuned for more updates as things progress.

Reactions: Whitexc
21 - 30 of 30 Posts