Ford Mustang Forums banner

861 - 869 of 869 Posts

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #861
I was looking at the first couple pages of this build, do you realize the first post was on 6/20/17? It's been a long and winding road, isn't there a song like that?

Great job man, car should be a serious joy to behold on the street and doing an event!

Jay
I was looking at that a couple days ago. I ended up flipping through a bunch of different pictures of the car. Its pretty crazy to see where the car was just over 3 years ago and looking at it now. I was hoping to have more autocross events under its belt by now but I'm still happy with the progress I've made on the car. I'm hoping in the next couple weeks I can get it back on the ground and take it for a test drive.

I got more of the wrap done on the car this weekend. I was able to get both doors and quarter panels done.

I learn better techniques each time so each panel gets better and done faster. I'm going to get the rocker panels and the front pillars done tonight then its on to the bumpers. I think the rear bumper isn't going to be that tough its the front that I need to come up with a plan for making it work. I have one way to make it a little easier I have a LX grill bar eliminator kit just haven't decided if I want to use it. I like the look of it and it will get more air through the radiator but not completely sure if I want to install it since I do like the look of the factory LX front bumper grill bar.

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #862
Got some work done on the car this weekend. I finally got the ABS unit swapped out for the working one which was nice to get finally done. I did run into one weird problem with my power bleeder not working and had to bleed the system by pumping the brake pedal. Which I will have to say goes allot faster then the power bleeder. I forgot how much more fluid you can push by pumping the brake pedal. I tested this ABS module before I installed so it should be fine. Lets hope it is because it is a complete pain in the ass to replace it. I should have installed flex lines between the ABS unit and the hard lines.

I also got the upper part of the front bumper wrapped. It wasn't to bad it just took allot patching but happy with the results.

Now I need to focus on the rear bumper and few things I need to do while the car is on jack stands to get it ready for its first test drive. Then I need to get it back on the ground so I can wrap the roof rear hatch and the spoiler. I was thinking about replacing the spoiler with some kind of duck tail spoiler or something like the steeda aero spoiler but not sure if I want to go down that road right now. I'm hoping by July 25 I will be able to take it out on its first drive in almost 8 months. I can't believe its been that long since I drove the car.

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #863
Update on the car I finished the rear bumper and it cam out pretty good. I few mistakes but not bad. I also got the head lights, tail lights and some of the trim back on the car.

I'm going to try and get the hatch and the roof done this weekend. Then work on the front air dam then the rear spoiler. My hope is to have the car most of the way back together by next weekend so I might be able to take it for a test drive. I still need to figure out if I have any mechanical issues with the rear suspension.

·
Premium Member
3,203 Posts
Did you get the droop/bump travel problem with the shocks fixed?

If you send me the old ABS unit, I can reflow the PCB connections. That usually fixes most problems with them.

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #865
Did you get the droop/bump travel problem with the shocks fixed?

If you send me the old ABS unit, I can reflow the PCB connections. That usually fixes most problems with them.
I ended up getting it fixed the droop was the same as the Koni it was the bump that was the issue. I have a friend with a machine shop and he made me some delrin spacers for free knocked them out in a day.

I talked with MCS about redoing the rears so were looking into it now. They said to run them the way they are right now and see if I would want any changes to the valving. They also wanted the corner weights and cross weight of the car.

Thanks Jack if you could get the ABS module fixed that would be great then I would at least have a spare. Let me know where you would like me to send it.

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #866
The car is back on the ground and all the major parts are wrapped. I still have the rear spoiler, front air dam and the side molding to go. I think she is going to come out pretty good hopefully she will drive really good.

I started to get some of the window moldings, mirrors and quarter window's installed. I need to sand down the rear window molding to clean it up so I can repaint it so it looks allot nicer. Need to make a check list to go through before the first drive.

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #868
Got the front air dam done what a pain in the ass. I failed on my first attempt but was able to get it done on the second.

Now I just need to get working on the rear spoiler and the molding.

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #869
I quite a bit done on the car this weekend. Unfortunately none of it was test driving the car. it turns out I had allot more to do to make road ready then I had planned. I was bummed not to get to drive it but I was able to sit back and really go over the car instead of rushing it. I decided to change the oil in the car and flush out the radiator and replace the distilled water with Summit racing non-Glycol racing coolant. I also put all the interior back in the car. This time I didn't use rivets I went with self tapping screws to make it easier to remove in the future.

I also got started on the side molding since its the last part of the body work.

I'm still working on the others I messed up one of the front ones so I had to order a replacement. My plan right now is to take for a test drive Saturday or maybe earlier if I get a chance.

861 - 869 of 869 Posts