Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 1986 Mustang Lx supercharged with a powerdyne supercharger at 10# of boost. The bottom end is all forged.The heads have been ported and polished and put on a flow bench.The exhaust is flowmaster with a mac off road h pipe. It also has a TKO tranny 4.10 gears in the rear and a hurst shifter,Full hotchkins suspinsion.The car also has a full msd setup with a 6al box and has been converted to mass air.and last 03 cobra replica wheels the bad thing is it has a dent in the fender tree branch fell on it during the last windstorm we had.asking $8500.00

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You wanna bet ok here is the deal i baught a 1997 mustang gt. The car didnt have power windows or locks or even rear defrost, but it had fresh paint and cobra r wheels nice lookin car. The reason i got such a good deal on the 97 was the guy was gettin ready to loose his house so I threw up a b/s offer of $2500 and he took it.So i got the 97 for $2500 then i put it on criagslist and put will trade for a fox and this is about the 20th call i got wanting to trade. So i can say im glad i waited and yes i only have $2500 in the car seriously. I put it on here just to see if i could make come money off the car dont really want to sell it.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok here is the last deal im gonna make on the car if you have a 1987 through 93 GT that is NICE and you wanna trade me body's i keep everything motor tranny and all out of this one and you keep your setup let me know i dont like 4 eyed cars so this should be a solution.

·
Registered
338 Posts
take it easy man. I wasnt trying to be an ass, I was only trying to get the facts straight because sometimes things are too good to be true... goodluck with the sale and nice car.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No i wasnt pissed at all. That was a smart ass wanna bet. My bad

·
Registered
86 Posts
Interested in a 96 Crewcab 4x4 powerstroke shortbed with a veggie kit on it and onboard filtration and external pump? 166k miles on it. LMK. PM or call (812) 569-3724.

Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No dont really need a truck but thanks for the offer. Would be willing to trade for a built areo nose car though if anyone wants to take me up on that offer let me know.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
have to have some boot huh? It better be a pretty special coupe. I have $1800 in suspension under the car, a $2000 tranny not including the motor work and the blower. Anyone can stroke a car for $2500 not trying to be a ##### but come on.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
have to have some boot huh? It better be a pretty special coupe. I have $1800 in suspension under the car, a $2000 tranny not including the motor work and the blower. Anyone can stroke a car for $2500 not trying to be a ##### but come on.
Wow, nice way to be an ass. You're asking 7000 for a stock bottom end 302, with some ported stock heads, exhaust, and cheapo Powerdyne. You didnt eve convert to 5 lug....so realistically the guy is offering a fair deal if his car is nice and runs good. Because Ive got pretty much the same car as you do except 5 lug, mine is a GT, no msd box, and no caster camber plates except for nearly half of what you're asking. Powerdyne's aren't worth that damn much.

So chill the #### out and take the offers thrown at you. Because 4 eye cars are as wanted as coupes are.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Wow, nice way to be an ass. You're asking 7000 for a stock bottom end 302, with some ported stock heads, exhaust, and cheapo Powerdyne. You didnt eve convert to 5 lug....so realistically the guy is offering a fair deal if his car is nice and runs good. Because Ive got pretty much the same car as you do except 5 lug, mine is a GT, no msd box, and no caster camber plates except for nearly half of what you're asking. Powerdyne's aren't worth that damn much.

So chill the #### out and take the offers thrown at you. Because 4 eye cars are as wanted as coupes are.
+1

You're trippin "calabschultz". You started out asking $8500 for a car with a stock bottom end and a powerdyne? I could see if it was built with a Vortech. I would trade your car in a heartbeat for that 347 Coupe if it is in good condition.

·
Registered
561 Posts
I wasn't gonna post since I never looked at the price in the first post, but even with all the work this is maybe a $5k car tops. $8500 gets you a gorgeous nicely modded low mileage GT

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Its not a stock bottom end its a 306 with a stock crank, and i wasnt trying to be an dick but i had a 93 gt with 95000 origonal miles,stroked 331 twisted wedge heads, track heat intake, aluminum driveshaft/ flywheel,chrome cobra R's and tried to get rid of it for 6 months started at $7500 and ended up letting it go for $4800 because noone wanted it. Thats what i was saying i appriciate all offers.I was gonna put a aroe nose on this car and i had more than a few people pissed off about that so i figured i would just try to get rid of it. If i still have it this spring the aero nose goes on but i will keep the 4 eyed front for when i try to sell it agian.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Its not a stock bottom end its a 306 with a stock crank, and i wasnt trying to be an dick but i had a 93 gt with 95000 origonal miles,stroked 331 twisted wedge heads, track heat intake, aluminum driveshaft/ flywheel,chrome cobra R's and tried to get rid of it for 6 months started at $7500 and ended up letting it go for $4800 because noone wanted it. Thats what i was saying i appriciate all offers.I was gonna put a aroe nose on this car and i had more than a few people pissed off about that so i figured i would just try to get rid of it. If i still have it this spring the aero nose goes on but i will keep the 4 eyed front for when i try to sell it agian.
youre doing the right thing selling it rather than hacking it into an aero nose. someone will buy it, just not for what you are asking. If you were looking for $4800 for this, you would have some players.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Its not a stock bottom end its a 306 with a stock crank.
So it is a stock bottom end? Correct me if im wrong (im sure someone will) but all you gotta do to get a 306 is bore it .030 right? I keep hearing and seeing "306" in peoples sigs and in threads and again correct me if im wrong but that doesnt mean anything but its been re-ringed.

and as far as stock bottom end, i think that means that you are using the stock block and crank, these parts have a HP ceiling of about 500hp as i have found out first hand. So by saying "Its not a stock bottom end its a 306 with a stock crank" you are saying, Its not a stock block and crank its a stock motor that has been bored .030 and still retains the stock crank and block. Im sure you didnt make anymore power by boring it if that is what you are trying to get at. Just cause someone has a 306 doesnt mean that they have anything special. It just means that the motor has been refreshened. and its not really anything to brag about unless you did other mods. its like saying that you replaced the factory rings with aftermarket ones.... ooooo my god you must have picked up like 150hp.... ooooooo!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts