Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad has this car at his winter house in Florida, and it has become my project car for my trips down. I've replaced most wiring, rusty coolant lines and bits, but it needs a new engine. It came with a 2.3l Ford, I'm guessing a mixed breed from the era, with the 8 spark plugs and a poorly done manual to auto swap. PO used a leather pants belt to hold a reservoir in place. lol. Wires were literally draped over the block... Now it actually runs, but needs some help.

Would a 5.0 fit the same engine mount pattern? Carb would be nice. Would a 2.3 turbo SVO bolt up if I could find a whole car with harness, etc? Lots of questions, and the car is 1000 miles away from me. Photos in the next post...

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
Turbo 2.3. I looked that car up they only weight 2100 pounds. A 300hp Turbo 2.3 would make it scoot. 300hp is supposed to be pretty easy to hit in them too.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Turbo 2.3. I looked that car up they only weight 2100 pounds. A 300hp Turbo 2.3 would make it scoot. 300hp is supposed to be pretty easy to hit in them too.
Yeah, it's super light. Seller claimed 150hp, but I doubt that. If I could get 200-250 to it with some rear tires, I'd be happy. I'd gladly take 300, and just turn down the boost when I'm not driving it. lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts