Ford Mustang Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought this car with every intention of building me a fun street car, but have come into some issues that dictate that selling is the smart thing to do.

The Car...

1986 White Mustang GT Convertible, the body is very straight and rust free.
Black Interior...5 out of a possible 10
I bought the car out of Cali in April. It doesn't have any rust and the white paint is original. It isn't the brightest of whites, but it still cleans up really good.
Top is in decent shape but wouldn't hurt to replace.
It has the trunk lid without the luggage rack.
It has the '85 hood on it.
Very nice running '96 Explorer motor with a TFS Stage 1 camshaft and springs. Polished valve covers & Explorer intake, MM strut tower brace, MAF converted w/ A9L computer, FMS shorty headers for the P heads, and a Flowmaster catback. It also has a fresh built T5 and a 8.8 with 3.73 gears and an aluminum drive shaft and subframe connectors.

It has tons of extra parts that will be included. I also have TONS of extra parts that can be aquired by the buyer at a very good deal. I'll discuss those with possible buyers.

If you have any questions please pm me.

My price is $4000 obo or trade towards an EB Bronco.

I would add pics, but it won't let me.

Thanks for stopping by :king:

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
To answer some questions that have been asked.

It has the stock 10 hole 15" wheels on it.
Suspension, brakes, and h-pipe are stock.
The car shows 89k on the odometer, but I wouldn't be suprise if it isn't 189K...not that the car is in bad shape, it's just 23 years old.
The Explorer motor has 26k miles on it, w/ a new water pump was installed when camshaft was installed.
The interior...the black dash pad is cracked and the armrests are missing, but I have sourced them. The seats are out of a '92 GT and are black leather and power and are in decent shape. The carpet and door panels are in good shape as is the rear seat (but it is a black vinyl one rather than the leather one to match the fronts).

Keep asking questions and I will do my best to answer.

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
Nice car...best of luck with the sale..

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LOL!!! I forgot this was here. I have decided to keep it. It is in a million pieces undergoing a complete color change. Pepper Grey Metallic

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
oh cool!

Hey, did you ever dyno the thing or lose the 4 catted pipe?? I've always been curious as to the final power it made....

Looking forward to eventual pics

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did replace the H-pipe with an offroad x-pipe. I did dyno it, but the sheet is in the car...It made 304hp & something close to that # torque. I was really impressed with the #'s. I also changed the upper intake to a tubular GT-40 with a larger TB after that so it should be making a bit more than that. I didn't ever take it to the track though...It's pink you know :)

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
man, that's some good HP

my bro's smogged out gt40 engine made only 237 at the wheels....

wish I would have only had time to get the timeslip at the drag slip that I always wanted...ah well....my 66 pulls even more on the upper end, so I'm having fun with that now

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quick update on the '86. I'm going to steal the motor, trans (and necessary bracketry), computer, and driveshaft and put it into my latest aquisition. But then it is going to get a very nice, but very stock, motor, auto. trans, and such; plus a complete repaint and related exterior necessities. The paint will change to a very classy silver with a graphite grey trim color in place of the O.E. black, and a new top and the chrome wheels from the '93 LX I recently got. It will get the '93 LX front spindles with 73mm calipers, new drop springs, struts, and all the other necessary upgrades to make me feel comfy letting my fiance drive it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.