Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a feeler add: I am getting burned out on the car and cars in general, but I am not sure if I really want to sell it or not?? I would be interested in a trade up if you have something very nice and very fast. The problem I have with selling this car is, I have more money in the car than what the market will bear (just like everyone else). To be upfront, I am on the fence about selling or trading. Just wanted to get some feedback and what the market thinks this car is worth. I am willing to do something if the right deal comes along. The Car is located in Atlanta and I can be reached thru PM or [email protected]

This is the add when I purchased the car from Charles:

http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=711233

Since I have added the following:

- Tokico shocks and struts
- Steed Upper and Lower Control Arms
- Steeda Spings
- Steeda Caster Camber plates
- Motor Mounts
- Another Rear Main seal
- Various Engine Dress up
- Throtle Body
- Tune Up
- Window Tint
- Wheels and Tires
- Detaling

All upgrades including the ones from the previous owner are all within a year old.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Car should bring $6,000 easy if you need to sale it. I would hold out for $7,000 or so. With that your going to have to find the right person for $6,000.
If I had the cash I would be all over it.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do not need to sell. Not real sure what I want to do with it?? I am kind of burned out with the car after working so much on it. I have north of $8.5k in the car. I know that I will never see that money again, that's part of the game. But I need more that $6k for it if I was going to sell. If someone is in the same situation and has a car that I really like and wants a trade, then that's probably the direction I will go.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all of the interest in the car. I think I have received around 15-20 e-mails tonight already. Two things that I have learned real quick:

1. Clean 86 coups are very desirable

2. The offers are not close to what I need for it. This is understandable considering the market conditions. We all know you do not get back what you put into these cars. I think it is in my best interest to keep the car until a car that I am interested in is available for trade.

Thank you!

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
If I were you. I'd wait till the FFW race in Commerce, and put it in the car show with a For Sale sign. It'll move.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
CMcCarthy said:
Hate to see you sell it.
I do not think that I am. Lots of people interested but not close to what I need. I really like the car, just burned out on it. I posted the add during a time of mental fatigue.

Car is not for Sale!

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
Atta boy, put the car under a cover in the garage and forget about it for a month or two. Go play a little golf and hang out with the kids and the ol' lady. Around June get it out and detail it, and you'll have a fresh new perspective on the hobby.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
9150notch said:
I am in lawrenceville and would love to see this car in person. For sale or not. PM me if you have the time. Thanks.
Everything is always for sale, just have more in this car then the market will accept. I am around most weekends and attend most of the local cars shows.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
mild 86 said:
WHAT IS THE PRICE THAT WILL GET THIS CAR>BOTTOM LINE
More than any rational thinking person would pay.

I would need what I have in the car. I have $7800 in the car without the rims and tires :barf:

I am taking the car to fun ford, see what hits on it. I am not real anxious to sell, but an old car I use to own may be up for sale and I would like to have it back. Lot depends on if my old car comes up for sale??

·
Registered
339 Posts
PM me next time you go to a show I will come out to see it. I don't go too often because I don't have a mustang right now and it is depressing. I will come out to see that though. If you don't get out before fun ford I will be there. I would hope to see that car in the show there. thanks.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
9150notch said:
PM me next time you go to a show I will come out to see it. I don't go too often because I don't have a mustang right now and it is depressing. I will come out to see that though. If you don't get out before fun ford I will be there. I would hope to see that car in the show there. thanks.
I plan on going to Fun Ford, Not sure what day I will go?? I will PM you.

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
Beautiful car man....I haver been looking for the right 86 coupe for a long time. I see that I found it and the owner knows what its worth and how nice it is so I cannot afford it lol Good luck with it!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts