Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm converting my 1985 gt cfi mustang to fuel injection I have a 89 engine wiring harness trying to figure out where is the connection for the engine harness to the body harness. It not in the corner by the brake booster like other mustang can anybody give me some guidance on what to do pic if possible thank you.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Looks like everything that is CFI is still in there. Gonna be a good project to tackle.
The harness you're (most likely) looking for disconnects at the Engine Control Unit which is located behind the passenger side kick panel.

What all do you have for your EFI swap so far?

One thing to take note of when swapping from an 85 CFI harness to an 89 EFI harness is the alternator wiring. 85 CFI cars came equipped with a 1G externally regulated alternator, and 89 EFI cars came equipped with a 2G internally regulated alternator. It would be in your best interest to convert your 89 EFI harness to the 3G wiring at this time.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have done a couple of year change efi swaps, I will tell you this MATTER of fact. you MUST have the right year harness to complete. Ford made changes every other year and there is stuff that just does not work. YOU must have the right year engine harness for the year. ... Not telling you that it can't be done just not simple in any stretch of the imagination, the wiring diagrams that we can find , Online, are tough. it can be done. also the pin descriptions have changed over the years and that adds to the tough part. And there is something that nobody talks about,,,the ECUs from these era's cars are obsolete failure prone and impossible to find,,if ya got one it most probable need cap's at the very least .
Go after market ,,( Holley ) and be done....the cost will be the same in the long run , or less .Good luck

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Question, I have the 89 engine harness but my car doesn't have the black and gray connector. How do I connect with the body harness on the driver side?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts