Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This car is the ACTUAL RACE PACE CAR 1985 Mercury Motorsports Capri that paced the 1985 Detroit Grand Prix Formula 1 Race. This car was specifically built by Mercury Motorsports for Pace Car duty at this race. The car also performed Pace Car duty at other Trans Am races that year as Mercury Motorsports was a sponsor of the Trans Am Series.

The car is complete as retired from Pace Car duty down to the original graphics applied to the car. The car has had long-term ownership with 3 owners including me since the race. Although complete the car needs a complete restoration as the car has been sitting for many years. Currently the 302/5 Speed Engine/Transmission are out of the car and very complete. The car is complete and with all the unique pace car parts including the "Shaker" hood scoop that was installed. The car now has 48K miles which is original. The car is very original and a time capsule from way back when! This car is confirmed as the actual race pace car for the 1985 Detroit Grand Prix F1 Race by the 1985 Mercury Motorsports Capri Registry.

1985 Mercury Motorsport Capri Registry

This car is a very unique piece of Detroit Grand Prix race history and Mercury Motorsports history. This will be a GREAT car restored to original Pace Car Livery. The 1982 Mustang and 1984 SVO Detroit Grand Prix Pace cars are now in two very high profile car collections. Here is you chance to add this Pace Car to your collection!

This car is located in Nashville Tennessee. The car will be sold with the correct red ASC McClaren wheels as shown in the last picture.

Questions? Please CALL ME at 615 347 7459.

Additional Detailed pictures are available for the asking!

$4,750 OBO

No Text Messages!

CALL ME if you are interested!

The car is located in Nashville Tennessee

Attachments

·
Registered
115 Posts
Does the Capri come with the Running Gear? Also I notice it has 2 sets of wheels are both included? Can you email me some Engine bay pics and Interior pics to
[email protected]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts