Ford Mustang Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

1985 ASC McLaren Coupe For Sale 55,500 Miles(Factory Sun Roof Car)

3K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  snake99cobra 
#1 · (Edited)
SOLD! SOLD! SOLD! I'm looking at selling my 1985 ASC Mclaren blue and orange coupe with the rare factory sunroof option. It is one of the 150 built in 1985. It has 55,500 miles on it and is in damn near show room condition since meticoulus restoration. I have owned the car since 1997 and knew the previous owners. Everything has been either rebuilt, detailed or replaced. There were not many or this may be the only 85 coupe to come from Mclaren with the factory sunroof. The car has mostly all power optinons that were offered.
The body was completely stripped and repainted with Dupont Chroma Premier base clear. It has all of the ASC mclaren body parts but I have not installed the tail light and headlight covers because I was not real fond of them. I do have the original covers that would go with the car. The body buck tag is intact as well as the ASC Mclaren buck tag are intact. The paint was professionally done and is like glass with very very minimal imperfections and had a hefty price tag. There are absoutlely no paint lines as the panels were painted off of the car. The engine compartment was also painted and is very detailed and correct. There is not a nut, bolt, hardware or bracket that was painted as you can see on the doors and engine compartment. It is as correct as I could possibly make it.
The interior is in awesome condition and has the correct ASC Mclaren seats, steering wheel, shift knob and 140 mph speedometer. The door panels are like new and have no warpage from the dampness or water damage. I do not have the Alpine 7272 head unit installed as for it went bad many years ago. I do beleive I may have it in storage yet. The dash pad is in good original condition as well as the console. The rear panels are virtually scratch free or free of heavy scratches.
I have had the engine professionally freshened even though it did not need it but made for a very clean job to have it checked and rebuilt. I did decide to add the cast iron GT40 heads and a FRPP B303 cam to bump the HP up somewhat and keep it appearing as stock as I could. I have the original cam and heads which had a three angle vlave job and seals in storage which would go with the car. All emission items were restored or replaced with parts I had in storage. It is difficult to find a 1985 with all of its emission parts.
It would be difficult to find another Mclaren coupe in this condition unless it was a very low mileage original.
Asking price $10,000.00 email; snake99cobra@hotmail.com

http://static.photobucket.com/flash...bucket.com/albums/ss163/snake99cobra/feed.rss

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.