Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For sale is 1982 CHP #0513. This is 1 of the 406 SSP Mustangs ordered for the California Highway Patrol. Please refer to specialservicemustang.org for more info on the history of these cars.
There are approximately 15 that have surfaced. I believe my car is the most original of those. It wears it's original paint, retains it's original drivetrain, interior, and even the original antenna mast on the roof. I know little of the history of this particular car but I searched for a number of years for one until it came up for sale.
I have spend a lot of money slowly bringing it back to life. The following has been replaced:
Starter- Motorcraft
Battery- Motorcraft
Hoses- Motorcraft
Plugs/wires/dist/cap/rotor - Motorcraft
Rebuilt orig. carb
Tires
Air Cleaner
Air cleaner snorkels
Filter- Motorcraft
Belt- Motorcraft
Correct spot lights
OEM dash pad and horn pad
OEM shifter and parking brake bezels
OEM hub caps

There is more that I am sure I am forgetting.

This car is the grand daddy of the SSP's and and an incredibly original time capsule to boot.

She runs and drives. No smoke, no grinding of the gears. Consider this to be in need of a complete restoration but it actually needs little to be a safe and road worthy car.

I bought the car out of CA where it resided it's entire life until being shipped out to me in the Atlanta, GA area.

Please call me with questions if you are truly interested. 770/542-9788 If email is best, DO NOT PM me! Email me at [email protected]

$4000.00

Attachments

·
Registered
566 Posts
Guys this is the real deal!! I've known Jon and this car for a while. It's one of those historic Mustangs that don't become available often. It deserves a good home.

·
Registered
630 Posts
best bet on a orig car like that is to post it on the mustang club of america website as a unrestored mustang. I would trade ya my 96 bronco if i didn't already have a 93 coupe...

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
thats cool! +1 on those guys recs for posting. you'll prolly get lowballed here

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys, it is on specialservicemustang.net and sspmustang.org. One last time to the top before considering ebay. It's gotta go. Serious inquiries please call me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts