Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
-1981 Mustang - Originally a 4 Cylinder Automatic now a 5.0 5-Speed
-Odometer says 12xxx. I am unsure if it has rolled or not, if you see the car in person its hard to believe it has 112xxx on it.
-White exterior with Wedgewood blue interior rolling on Pony wheels.
-Absolutely spotless underneath with almost zero rust anywhere.
-Just has a few spots of surface rust in the standard areas (inside of doors, top and bottom of the hatch.)
-Original Paint in decent shape. The only flaw is spiderwebbing on the roof.
-It has a fresh 302, stock heads and cam, edelbrock intake, holley carb, a new Trick Flow timing chain, fresh gaskets all around.
-Low mile T5 with a Centerforce Dual Friction clutch and a new UPR clutch cable and quadrant.
-New radiator hoses, new battery, new starter, freshly rebuilt alternator, new throttle cable, new fuel tank sending unit, new serpenetine belt and more.
-Has subframe connectors installed as well as lower torque box reinforcements.
-Exhaust consists of JBA shorty headers, a bassani X-pipe, and a Mac Catback.
-It has an MSD Ignition box, MSD coil, new cap and rotor, and new plug wires.
-The belt system has been converted to the newer fox serpentine setup.
-The interior is almost PERFECT! I have installed new carpet front and back, a new headliner, a new dash pad, the rear quarter plastics were faded and have been removed and recolored to match the rest of the interior. The seats are all MINT, except for a small tear on the driver seat and another small tear on the passenger seat, both of which are fixable. The only thing it will need is a radio installed, which I may actually do this weekend anyway.
-Supposed to have a 3.73 gear in it but I have yet to verify this.
-The body is extremely straight and in amazing shape for a 28 year old New York car.

What needs fixing? -It needs a radio installed, I have a couple and can throw one in with the sale. The drivers side window also slowly cranks itself down. It also needs some tuning work with the carb to get it to run perfect. The tach also does not work because of the MSD ignition. An MSD Tach Adapter should fix this. New motor is waiting to be picked up.

Will sell for $3000 obo. My new race motor is waiting to be picked up. PM me an offer, my desperation may get you a steal of a price.

Car is located in Aurora, IL.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
price drastically reduced...i really need this gone so i can finish my R/S motor.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
back to the top...anybody want a clean car out there?

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
still got it. back to the top. also on ebay with a reserve a bit lower than my price on this board.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
message responded to. talk to yah tonight.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Sorry Dustin, I picked up something else local. For all buyers out there, this car is CLEAN!!! I had it in NY before Dustin got the roller and put a new drivetrain in. Whoever ends up with it will not be dissappointed, especially at the price he's letting it go for!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts