Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1972 Mustang Convertible with a 351C (that is currently getting rebuilt with 4V heads as well).

I want to upgrade the suspension on this car to something between street and track. I'm looking for either aftermarket products, or products from other vehicles that fit - or can be made to fit (no welding). I want this car to be a full daily-driver, meaning not a super harsh ride, but be able to handle a hard(er) corner now and then w/o losing control. I also want it to be predictable and easily maintainable (and to last).

The only thing I've been able to find really is Global West products:
http://www.globalwest.net/mustang_1...3 catalog.htm
I'm looking into the front and rear, and subframe connectors, they offer, and the rest of it.

I also want to upgrade the brakes, front and rear. For this, because of money and lack of necessity, I'd like to use other vehicle parts if I can. I did this on my '86 with SN95 and SVO parts. If I can't, I can go aftermarket down the timeline. I don't need 13" rotors, 11" are fine.

I'm a bit familiar with the FoxBodies, but I'm really NOT familiar with the 1970-'73 Mustangs (and the like).
I will also probably do a 16" wheel. Is there anyway to put SN95 parts on a '72?

If anyone could point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated! TIA!!!

Thanks,

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm getting the car back tomorrow, Saturday, and besides driving it back I think the next thing will be to test fit my 2001 5-spoke 17x8 wheels on it, 245-45-R17, to see how they fit.

I still interested though in suspension and brake ugrades if anyone has any ideas.

Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts