Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure if I posted this in the right spot, but I've got a question about coil overs for the front. I figured the road race guys would know.

I have a 1990 Fox GT, with late model spindles, 13" front baer brakes, and 18X9 FR500 wheels. I got most of the front suspension on one side put back together. What a pain in the ass! Well, my brother did the coil overs on his car, but used the factory 4lug spindles. With a 17X7 cobra wheel it rubbed. Trying to see if anyone has installed the coil overs with the later model spindles with an 18X9 wheel, if there is any fitment issue that anyone would know of.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That link just pulls up a deal that says I need to log in. Do I have to be a member of that forum to check out what you've posted?

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
This will most likley depend on wheel offset and backspace. Since you mentioned that you have FR500 wheels, I think it is safe to assume you have a 24mm offset.

Also, not all late model spindles are the same. The '96-up spindles move the wheel outward farther than the '94-'95 spindles. This will play into this as well.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I believe the wheels are the 24mm. I know the offset would be for a 94-04 style car. I got the spindles from a salvage, and the guy told me they came from a 96 v6 car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts