Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I don't post here much, but was wondering how bulged a 315/30/18 hoosier would be on an 18x10 wheel? I already bought the wheels and was planning on having them widened to 18x12 to fit 335's but weldcraft won't widen them:crying:

·
Registered
488 Posts
For what use? road course or autocross?

For autocross, no worries, they'll work fine. For road course, I'd be inclined to go with a 295/30-18, for better turn in and contact patch shape. Note: I've never run that exact combo, but have autocrossed the 315 on a 18X10.5" rim with good results and have also run the 295/30-18 on an 8.5" rim on course and not been really happy with the feel...so, I'm giving kind of a educated guess, based on my experience and preferences.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Have you talked to the manufacturer? Hoosier lists a recommended rim width of 11-12" for their DOT radials (A6 and R6) with an ideal width of 11". If you're talking bout the non-DOT road Racing Slicks, they recommend 11-13" with an ideal width of 12".

I'm not so sure I'd want to run those tires on a 10" rim. I'm with Tigerdrvr, run the P295/30ZR18 for road racing.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm doing autox with a 87 tbird. I've found pix of 315/30/18 hoosier drag radials, but their specs match up to the 295's. Just was trying to figure out what I could do with the wheels I bought. I put up a wanted add on my local scca board to see if someone had a used/corded tire I could test fit. I would widen them myself, but am not too thrilled doing it on an aluminum wheel. Steel is alot easier, but also LOTS heavier. My dad did some 17x13's for his truck and thats over 40# just for the wheel.

·
Registered
7,633 Posts
my bad

1 - 7 of 7 Posts